BIOSWITCH aims to bring Europe to the forefront of the bio-based economy by encouraging and supporting brand owners from different sectors to switch to bio-based approaches.
In order to achieve this, the project proposes a holistic, systemic approach based on two pillars:
- A framework placing brand owners in the centre of a set of events and communication actions that will allow shaping solutions to mitigate their perceived risks; and
- the BIOSWITCH toolbox as the ultimate instrument that will assist them in the bio-based transition journey.
FOUR VALUE CHAINS
- To develop a network of brand owners and to identify best practices and assess main needs, perceived risks, motivation and incentives they gain when switching to bio-based approaches.
- To deliver an effective “switch-to-bio-based toolbox”, the so called BIOSWITCH toolbox.
- To validate the proposed BIOSWITCH toolbox with real brand owners from different sectors and maturity levels, evaluating their feedback and producing the final configuration of the toolbox.
- To roll-out the BIOSWITCH toolbox at European level and replicate it at regional level.
- To disseminate and exploit BIOSWITCH.
Raise brand owners’ interest in switching from fossil-based to bio-based products.
Enhance brand owners’ involvement with and commitment to a circular sustainable society.
Increase marketability of bio-based alternatives.
To achieve the objectives of BIOSWITCH, the project has been partitioned into six work packages:
- WP1 is focused on creating the BIOSWITCH framework that will connect brand owners with the rest of the bio-based transition actors.
- WP2 will be devoted to the creation and set-up of the BIOSWITCH toolbox.
- WP3, will validate it through the selection of different testers and the organisation of a pan-European online matchmaking event.
- WP4 will pursue the roll-out and replication of the BIOSWITCH tool, capitalising all the knowledge and outputs generated through previous WPs. A set of regional events and replication assessments, together with a training programme, a consumer outreach initiative and a guide for using the toolbox will be the main outputs.
- WP5 will ensure the project results are communicated and disseminated to the appropriate audiences, and that an exploitation and afterlife plan for the BIOSWITCH toolbox is developed.
- Finally, WP6, deals with project management and coordination.