BIOSWITCH aims to bring Europe to the forefront of the bio-based economy by encouraging and supporting brand owners from different sectors to switch to bio-based approaches.
In order to achieve this, the project proposes a holistic, systemic approach based on two pillars:
- A framework placing brand owners in the centre of a set of events and communication actions that will allow shaping solutions to mitigate their perceived risks; and
- The BIOSWITCH toolbox as the ultimate instrument that will assist them in the bio-based transition journey.
Organisations and stakeholders involved
Brand owners reached
- To develop a network of brand owners and to identify best practices and assess main needs, perceived risks, motivation and incentives they gain when switching to bio-based approaches.
- To deliver an effective “switch-to-bio-based toolbox”, the so called BIOSWITCH toolbox.
- To validate the proposed BIOSWITCH toolbox with real brand owners from different sectors and maturity levels, evaluating their feedback and producing the final configuration of the toolbox.
- To roll-out the BIOSWITCH toolbox at European level and replicate it at regional level.
- To disseminate and exploit BIOSWITCH.
Raise brand owners’ interest in switching from fossil-based to bio-based products.
Enhance brand owners’ involvement with and commitment to a circular sustainable society.
Increase marketability of bio-based alternatives.
Our partner Emily Marsh, from Munster Technological University, presented the BIOSWITCH project at an invite-only event hosted by …
All the BIOSWITCH consortium members gathered in an online General Assembly meeting on 19 and 20 May, 2021, …
BIOSWITCH participates in BIC webinar about market uptake & consumer acceptance of bio-based products
The BIOSWITCH Project Coordinator Anna Tenhunen, from Clic Innovation Oy, presented the BIOSWITCH project at the BIC – …