BIOSWITCH aims to bring Europe to the forefront of the bio-based economy by encouraging and supporting brand owners from different sectors to switch to bio-based approaches.
In order to achieve this, the project proposes a holistic, systemic approach based on two pillars:
- A framework placing brand owners in the centre of a set of events and communication actions that will allow shaping solutions to mitigate their perceived risks; and
- The BIOSWITCH toolbox as the ultimate instrument that will assist them in the bio-based transition journey.
Organisations and stakeholders involved
Brand owners reached
- To develop a network of brand owners and to identify best practices and assess main needs, perceived risks, motivation and incentives they gain when switching to bio-based approaches.
- To deliver an effective “switch-to-bio-based toolbox”, the so called BIOSWITCH toolbox.
- To validate the proposed BIOSWITCH toolbox with real brand owners from different sectors and maturity levels, evaluating their feedback and producing the final configuration of the toolbox.
- To roll-out the BIOSWITCH toolbox at European level and replicate it at regional level.
- To disseminate and exploit BIOSWITCH.
Raise brand owners’ interest in switching from fossil-based to bio-based products.
Enhance brand owners’ involvement with and commitment to a circular sustainable society.
Increase marketability of bio-based alternatives.
BIOSWITCH at the Projects2Projects workshop
John Vos, from BTG Biomass and Technology Group, was in charge of presenting BIOSWITCH at the Projects2Projects workshop …
BIOSWITCH in the “Bio-based products: The key to climate neutrality?” webinar
CTA had the opportunity to participate in the “Bio-based products: The key to climate neutrality?” webinar organized by …
Jeisel Goyanes and Carla Sebastiani, from Sustainable Innovations, partner of the BIOSWITCH project
What’s your role within the BIOSWITCH project? In this project, we have two different and interlinked roles. On …